If you have not previously bid on City projects, please refer to
How to Get on the City's Mailing List for Project Bids. Once that information has been received by the City’s Purchasing Department, every effort will be made to send bid packets to you as projects arise that are appropriate to your business’ services and/or products.
To submit a bid for any City of Mount Clemens projects appropriate to your business’ services and/or products, follow the steps below:
- Receiving a Bid Package for a Specific Project: If you haven’t received a bid package complete with specifications for a particular City of Mount Clemens project and all necessary forms to be filled out, contact City Purchasing Assistant, Terese Lucci, at 586-469-6818 ext. 6.
- Forms: Once you’ve received the bid package, fill out all forms per the instructions and return to the office of the City of Mount Clemens Purchasing Department, One Crocker Boulevard, Mount Clemens, MI 48043, until the time and date indicated on the Invitation to Bid document contained in the package. Bids must be submitted on the forms included in the package with any exceptions, deviations or modifications to the published requirements clearly noted and explained.
- Bid Openings: Bids are generally opened each Tuesday at 9 a.m. at Mount Clemens City Hall. The bid opening date for each project will be indicated on the Invitation to Bid document in the project’s bid package. Bidders are welcome – but not required – to attend the bid opening for a given project.
After a thorough review of all bids that are received by the bid opening date and City Commission approval, a representative of the City of Mount Clemens Purchasing Department will notify the vendor who has been awarded the bid. The timeline for award notification will vary depending upon the project.
- Tabulation of Bids: After bids are opened, all bids are tabulated and available upon request from the City of Mount Clemens Purchasing Department.
- Things to Consider About the Bidding Process (taken from the “Standard Instructions to Bidders” document included in your bid package)
Please read thoroughly before submitting a bid:
A) Envelopes containing bids must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope with the name and address of the bidder, the title and bid number of the project, and the date and time of the scheduled bid opening.
B) Any bid received after the scheduled opening time will not be accepted or opened.
C) Any bidder may withdraw their bid response by written request at any time prior to the scheduled bid opening.
D) Telephonic or faxed bids will not be accepted and telephonic, telegraphic, or faxed amendments to bids or withdrawals will not be accepted under any circumstances.
E) Unless otherwise specified, no bid may be withdrawn, changed, or modified in any way for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of the bid opening.
F) Negligence on the part of the bidder in preparing the bid confers no rights for the withdrawal of the bid after opening.
G) Bids received prior to the time of bid opening will be securely kept unopened. No responsibility will attach to any officer or employee of the City for the premature opening of a bid not properly addressed or identified.
H) In case of a discrepancy between unit prices and their extensions, the unit price bid shall govern.
Brand Names: Wherever in the specifications or proposal form brand names, trade names, manufacturer, or catalog numbers are called, it is for establishing a grade or quality level only and the phrase “or equal” is deemed to follow unless a prequalified list or the term “only”, “no exceptions”, or similar phrase is included.
Taxes: The City of Mount Clemens is exempt from State and Federal taxes.
Acceptance of Bids : The City will award to the lowest, responsive, responsible vendor that meets the functional requirements and needs expressed by the specifications. Tie bids will be awarded based on the most favorable terms for payment and/or delivery schedule or other costs associated with the award process. Receipt of a purchase order or properly executed contract covering the materials or services as described in the bid will indicate the award of bid and contract of purchase.
City’s Rights: The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, to waive irregularities or defects, to award on a split-order or lump-sum basis, and accept other than the low bid when deemed to be in the City’s best interests.
Delivery: Bids shall include all delivery charges.
Laws: The laws of the State of Michigan shall govern the rights, obligations, and remedies of the Parties under this bid and any agreement reached through this process. The City of Mount Clemens is a Michigan municipal corporation.
Disclosure: All of the information included in your bid response is subject to the “Freedom of Information Act” and may be disclosed in its entirety after the formal, public bid opening has been completed.
Independent Price Determination: By submission of this proposal, the bidder certifies that the pricing structure offered has been arrived at independently without consultation, communication, or agreement of such prices for the purpose of restricting competition with any other bidder or competitor.
Acceptance of Materials: All components used in the manufacture or construction of materials, supplies, and equipment, and all finished goods, shall be new, the latest make/model, of the best quality, and highest grade workmanship. In the event the delivered material is found to be defective or does not conform to specifications, the City reserves the right to cancel the order upon written notice to the bidder and return the materials to the bidder at the bidder’s expense.
For further information on the bidding process, contact City Purchasing Assistant, Terese Lucci at 586-469-6818 ext. 6.